Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Uglier Than Thou

So now scientists have determined that the most successful marriages are the ones where the man is uglier than the woman.

Yeah!!

As a long time beneficiary of this principle (see my picture in the sidebar) I think I knew this instinctively. It also fits in with the larger principle that, as I have often observed to my friends, almost every guy I know "married up." When you first hear that it sounds like it doesn't make sense. But then you realize that women are, on the average, better looking, kinder, more patient and more industrious than guys are. Shoot, they even have a higher pain tolerance. What would the birth rate be if men gave birth instead of women? So guys, kiss your wife today and tell her how beautiful she is. Maybe she'll keep you around for a while.

1 comment:

Don said...

As one who has definitely 'married up', I concur with your hypothesis.